I was having a lot of problems with the default mounted antenna of my Oregon Scientific WMR-200
Weatherstation. This resulted in not receiving the temperature sensor. The distance between my temperature sensor and the receiver is aprox. 20 meters (line of sight) but this was enough to allow interference stop receiving the signal for a long time (usually all night)
You can see that in some historical records
This resulted in a lot of N/A readings.
Today I have removed the original antenna from my WMR-200 and I have mounted a new antenna with a better gain. Since the signal is tranmitted over 433.92 Mhz I ordered an antenna that is suitable for this job.
So, i will tell you what materials I used for this little modification.
1 x High gain antenna (suitable for 433.92 Mhz) (Diamond RH9541S)
1 x Solderering Iron
1 x Little piece of wire
A little bit of Teflon tape (or other tape)