Hooray again 🙂
Earhquake monitor v1.7 is released. This release has a total new cache structure and also a new feature is added.
PAGER (Prompt Assessment of Global Earthquakes for Response) background
PAGER (Prompt Assessment of Global Earthquakes for Response) is an automated system that produces content concerning the impact of significant earthquakes around the world, informing emergency responders, government and aid agencies, and the media of the scope of the potential disaster. PAGER results are generally available within 30 minutes of a significant earthquake, shortly after the determination of its location and magnitude. However, information on the extent of shaking will be uncertain in the minutes and hours following an earthquake and typically improves as additional sensor data and reported intensities are acquired and incorporated into models of the earthquake’s source.
Corresponding fatality thresholds for yellow, orange, and red alert levels are 1, 100, and 1,000, respectively. For damage impact, yellow, orange, and red thresholds are triggered by estimated losses reaching $1 million, $100 million, and $1 billion respectively.
Further this is the changelog :
- Need PHP v5.3 or higher
- If the earthquake is located in the middle of no-where (not in or near a city or area) it will display the Flinn-Engdahl Region name. This prevents empty rows with only a magnitude showing.
- Added optional display of PAGER (Prompt Assessment of Global Earthquakes for Response) color codes. ( See http://earthquake.usgs.gov/research/pager/ )
- Bug fix when names with ‘ appeared in TITLE link.
- Prefixed function-names to be more Unique.
- JSON Feed error is only visible in source code (so it won’t destroy layout)
- Cache function improved (now using database instead of /tmp directory)
- Automatic refresh cache when feed properties are changed.
- New screenshots frontend and backend.
- Uninstall script present.
- Various readme.txt adjustments.
You can download the new version here : https://wordpress.org/plugins/earthquakemonitor/